Friends of Cameroon provides funding for projects that meets its criteria.
- Applicants must be Cameroonian and/or working in Cameroon, including for example, private, non-profit organizations, cooperatives, or village-based organizations.
- The majority of the members of the applicant organization or the majority of the beneficiaries must be Cameroonian citizens.
- Applicants must provide in case or in kind, a minimum of one fourth of the total cost of materials and/or labor of the project supported by FOC.
- Friends of Cameroon gives preference to: projects which demonstrate the activities will improve the well-being of groups of low-income beneficiaries, as opposed to single individuals; projects which will enhance agriculture/forestry, health and water/sanitation, small business development, education, including literacy and family planning.
- Projects should propose to expand or add to an existing project currently being carried out by the applicant.
- Friends of Cameroon prefers to fund projects that request less than US $1,000.